The Dental x-ray is an essential, diagnostic tool that provides valuable information about your dental
health. Dentists and dental hygienists use this information to safely and accurately detect and treat hidden dental irregularities. Without x-rays, serious problems may go undetected.
Dental x-rays are used to expose any possible:
- Decay between teeth
- Problems inside a tooth, and/or below the gum line
- Developmental abnormalities in children’s teeth
- Poor tooth and root positions
- Bone loss in the jaw due to gum disease
- Serious infections such as abscesses or cysts
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumours
X-ray is a preventative tool: Early discovery of dental problems not only can save you time and money, it can save your teeth!